Are you symmetrical?

Tuesday, August 31, 2010
things that inspire
yokelengho
Apartment Therapy
ucl-london
Once in a while, I get a client that insists they are symmetrical. They don't like things "off" or askew. The are adamant that asymmetry is repellent to them and I better not try any asymmetrical shenanigans with their space! I think they are cute when they do this. And to be certain, there are people that love love love symmetry. After all, ladybugs, butterflies, flowers. These are all examples of symmetry---and who doesn't love those things? I presume some of my clients think decorating with symmetry is easier. That they will be able to maintain the finished room if things are the same on both sides? Some personality types like the order and calm a symmetrical room can bring. Whatever the reason, it is o.k. Look at these photos...these are some beautiful images, aren't they?

3 comments:

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

I'm really trying not to be.

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

I notice when I make digital books, I like everything straight. Now curvy frames overlapping. It's all about order. I think it's because so many parts of life feel chaotic, we feel like we've got to put order somewhere.

Unknown said...

I have to say I sort of am... ;) Maybe balanced is a better discription of me! So nice to meet you, I really enjoyed visiting you today! xx

Post a Comment

I SO enjoy your comments! Please make my day by saying "Hi!"

 

Browse