Love it? Hate it?

Monday, January 17, 2011
In our house we have made the word "hate" a no-no. We can say "dislike" or "strongly DON'T like!" but we try to steer clear of "hate." This brings me to taxidermy. Why? I've had people explain that it's an art form. That it takes incredible skill to produce a well done piece. I don't dispute that. Still...why? It creeps me out. I actually have an illogical fear of taxidermy...I get small panic attacks. So, no matter how much 'splainin you do, I'm just not gonna get it. However, you do find a fair amount of taxidermy in interior design. What do you think of it? Would you use it? Do you use it? I don't feel as grossed out when it comes to butterflies or bugs or horns. Still not something you'll find in my house, probably...but better than the fur and feathers.
houzz
houzz
etsy
etsy
etsy
etsy
etsy
stashapistachio

4 comments:

Amy C said...

I think some of the taxidermy things are weird, but, my husband is a hunter. If he were to get a nice big elk, we would have it mounted and it would be hung in our house. Someday, we hope to have a home that has a family room decorated woodsy/cabin style, and it would fit right in. I don't mind the elk or deer, but I've seen some things that I would never let my husband hang on the wall. :)

booharts said...

Our word was intensely dislike!

Kathy@mishmashmom said...

The squirrel, although clever, is a little creepy...and the chicks are just plain sad. Some taxidermy is okay, but others...ech.

Jen Paris said...

baby chicks? REALLY? wow.

So...how's the conference going?

Post a Comment

I SO enjoy your comments! Please make my day by saying "Hi!"

 

Browse