Custom Portraits

Thursday, August 5, 2010
A few months ago, I commissioned Jennifer Maher of Custom Toy Portrait to paint my daughter and her lost, best-friend-in-the-entire-universe, Froggy O'Froggy. Without seeing my daughter in person, and only having one photo of Frog, Jennifer put Lilly with her beloved Froggy. This cute painting has helped Lilly through the loss of her best buddy. Lilly looks at her picture of Froggy every night and reminisces about him as she stares at this beautiful painting. We, then, wanted Max, our boy, to have a cherished memento of his best friend, Jack. Normally, Jennifer paints a beloved toy, but Jack is our cat. Our real live cat. Jennifer captured, perfectly, Jack snuggling with Max on our sofa. Max loves this and requested that the painting be hung next to his bed so that he can look at it while drifting off to sleep. I'm sure these will be precious keepsakes for our kids as they grow. I highly recommend Jennifer's work. If you want her to make a beloved toy into a permanent memory--she's the one to make that happen. And she's so inexpensive! I get a lump in my throat when I think of how much these paintings mean to our family. (Jennifer doesn't know I'm talking about her work--I'm not being paid to endorse her business. I am just a rabid fan of her talent. She's awesome!!!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I SO enjoy your comments! Please make my day by saying "Hi!"

 

Browse